White chocolate brownie with strawberries and yogurt ice cream


Is been difficult for me to find time to write on my blog but after many people asking me for it I decided to update my blog more regularly and try to add more pictures and recipes for everyone to share. Also I would like to tell a bit more about my life working as a private chef, where I've been recently, restaurants I visited o I've worked recently etc.
So last weekend I went to a restaurant called Hedone in Chiswick high road. We were the first to arrive at the restaurant and it take only a few minutes to be half full. The food was great, you can choose between three tasting menus: 4,5 or 7 courses dinner. French cuisine well presented, perfectly cooked and the service was also amazing.
The other thing I wanted to talk about is today's recipe. Is a different way to do a normal brownie, with the fresh touch of yogurt ice cream and the sweetness of the strawberries. All together is an amazing experience.
Here is the recipe:

For the brownie:

240 g Room temperature butter
250 g of Caster sugar

100 g egg yolks

240 White chocolate chopped in small pieces to melt easier
160 Egg whites

145 Plain flour

Optional 50 g of Macadamia nuts

Preparation:

Whisk the soft butter with the sugar during 5 minutes, till the sugar dissolves, then add the egg yolks. A part melt the white chocolate in a bain marie or low power microwave, add it to the mix. Also whisk the egg white till firm. add at the end with the sieved flour and mixed carefully to avoid the mix lose all the air inside.
Put greaseproof paper on a baking tray about 40x20 cm and fold the mix in.
Bake around 150˚C during 35-40 minutes. Try to have the grill off to not get too much color on the top side.
Let cold down and place in the fridge to get a firm cake. It will be easier to cut and portion. With this recipe you will get aprox 24 portions. Last touch is slice some fresh strawberries and place them around the cake or just a few on top. For the yogurt ice cream you can make it o you can get some from Waitrose or Sainsbury's if you don't have an ice cream machine.
A mint leave is the last touch you need for decoration. I also like to place some Macadamia nuts on the cake as I personally like to find some bits and pieces inside my brownie.
I will add the picture soon.

Comments

Popular Posts